Your personal data (any information which identifies you, or which can be identified as relating to you personally for example name, address, phone number, email address) may be collected and used by us.
The Personal Data we collect.
We collect personal data from you in connection with specific activities such as when you visit our website, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available either on this site or elsewhere. You may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address. You may, however, visit our website anonymously. We will collect personal data from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personal data, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain website related activities.
Non-personal data we collect
We may collect non-personal identification information about you whenever you interact with our website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about your means of connection to our website, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
How we collect your information?
We collect personal information:
- directly from you when you attend community engagement events, such as workshops and fairs.
- electronically from you when you subscribe to the newsletters or volunteer by completing a form on our website.
- from you if you make direct contact (including by telephone or email), for instance, if you ask to subscribe to our newsletters or become a volunteer. A record of such requests is kept and they are added to the database.
Personal data created by your involvement with us
Your activities and involvement with us, such as by volunteering or attendance at workshops, may result in personal data being created.
How we use collected information?
Haslemere Vision may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
To improve our website
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
To send periodic emails
We may use your email address to respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news and updates. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us via our website.
To manage volunteer activities
We may use your personal data to contact you about volunteering opportunities we think you may be interested in.
How we protect your data?
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our website. We use the Newsletter plugin to store the personal data for our contacts. This data is stored in our WordPress blog database.
Sharing your personal data
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others.
Holding personal information outside the European Economic Area
Your contact details may be held on a cloud storage service as a result of which they may be held on non-EU hosted servers. Your contact details will be encrypted when stored.
How long do we hold your information?
We will hold your contact details while you remain interested in the activities of Haslemere Vision. You may unsubscribe from newsletters and updates by using the link included in our emails or by contacting us to unsubscribe.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your acceptance of these terms
When using our website, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our website. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
c/o Haslemere Town Hall
Or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.